Call for submissions! Release your inner chef!
COMPETITION RULES AND SUBMISSION FORM ARE FOUND AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS APRIL 15, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
For tickets to the GALA DINNER and AWARDS CEREMONY of the cooking competition, please check back later.
CHINESE FLAVORS: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA INNOVATIVE COOKING COMPETITION
Sponsored by Confucius Institute at UC Davis and Lee Kum Kee International Holdings, Ltd.
You are welcome to submit original recipes for the fourth cooking competition of the Confucius Institute at UC Davis. The competition consists of two rounds. In the first round, you submit an original recipe using at least one Lee Kum Kee sauce.* If your recipe is selected for the final round, you will be invited to prepare the dish on site in Davis in May.
EMAIL SUBMISSION FORMS TO SSWU@UCDAVIS.EDU
1. Anyone who is not a professional chef;
2. Anyone who is 18 years old or above;
3. Winners from the Innovative Cooking Competition in 2018 and 2019 are not eligible.
4. Entrees only
5. Use of one or more Lee Kum Kee sauces* in the recipe
*Lee Kum Kee sauces are available in these and other markets in Davis and Sacramento:
- 99 Ranch Market, 4220 Florin Rd, Sacramento
- Asian Food Center, 1301 Broadway, Sacramento
- Kim’s Mart, 628 4th Street, Davis
- Nugget, 1414 E. Covell Blvd and 409 Mace Blvd, Davis
- S.F. Supermarket, 6930 65th Street, Sacramento
- Safeway, 1451 W. Covell Blvd and 2121 Cowell Blvd, Davis
- First Prize (1): $1,000
- Second Prizes (2): $600
- Third Prizes (3): $300